Friday, February 16, 2018

ARC REVIEW Raz by J. S. Striker


Clan Legacy #10, From the last book Raz was in I wasn't completely convinced that he was a good guy, well as good of a guy a vampire whose second-in-line of command can be, so I was surprised when I found out this was his HEA. It can be read as a stand alone none of the past books have anything to do with this one. Good characters with a good plot and easy to read writing that you can read through in no time. Raz really did turn my opinion around on him.

Raz was satisfied with his place in vampire society a place that gave him just enough power but without all the responsibility and paper work of the higher up position. But a mission goes bad and one of their own turn on them and Raz is the only survivor. Before the betrayer died he told Raz he was hiding a deadly secret. Lucinda tells Raz to find out what it is and then they can figure out a way to deal with whatever the secret is.  Eva Thomason is struggling, not to make ends meet but with the fact she was left with her half brother's two teenage kids. Eva is half fox shifter who can't shift, she does have the extraordinary senses of a shifter though so she can tell when someone starts watching her house. Raz has been watching the house for a couple of weeks when he notices another presence around the house, Raz knows now is the time to act and the only way to keep the kids safe is to gain the trust of Eva. Eva has never liked vampires but the dangerously sexy Raz is showing her a side of vampires she never could exist. Raz convinces her to let him help with the kids but is it enough?

Overall, it was a good story. There was one part that was, WTF Just Happened! I can't believe Striker went there, wow. The sexual tension is good they don't have sex until the latter half of the book so there is a good build up to that, which is kind of funny Raz knows and Eva tries to deny it there is some teasing but in the end it pays off. The action was also very well done very exciting. The ending fell short with me a little, it was bittersweet but a HEA nonetheless.     

2 comments:

  1. Of course I just got Raz from Amazon, b/f finding this ARC offering but Amazon's synopsis intrigued me enough that I just had to get it. Can you tell me where I can find the numerical listing of this series. I would like to start at the beginning and Amazon doesn't list them in numerical order, at least as far as I can find out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi the best place I've found for the series list has been Goodreads here is the link to that. sorry it took me so long to reply.
      https://www.goodreads.com/series/201269-clan-legacy

      Delete