Wednesday, February 7, 2018

ARC REVIEW Heat by Donna Grant


Dark Kings #12, Dark World #31. I don't know what I was thinking jumping in at this point. I love Donna Grant's Contemporary and Romantic Suspense, but I was always afraid of her paranormal because it is already such a big series, even though it is divided up into different series they are all tied together. Aside from feeling lost with the huge cast a characters and their backstories and side stories I did enjoy the book. Nikolai and Esther's story was exciting and hot. I loved Nikolai he's a great character and his ability is pretty cool. I love how strong and determined Esther is and the romance between them fits in to place, there's hardly any angst with is good they have enough problems as is the extra angst would have just been silly and would have made it seem like it was making it more difficult than it had to be. I wouldn't say their romance was easy because Nikolai has some issues from his past that he has to deal with before they can really have a HEA. 

 Esther is trying to find the Druid who took away her memories and controlled her to the point she almost killed someone. Nikolai has the ability to draw whatever he sees in perfect detail, with his connection to Esther -she's his mate he knows it he's just waiting until she's ready to hear it- he can draw her past. So together they go to London and backtrack until they get to the point where she comes across the Druid. It's a good thing her hobby is collecting bar coasters they use those to retrace her steps. Visiting each bar and Nikolai draws picture after picture of her in those places until they finally discover one commonality each picture has besides Esther, she was being followed. There's a lot that happens in this book most of it is Nikolai and Esther's story but they are also dealing with Fae problems which I was completely lost with and then you throw in the reapers and the witches, although the witches/druids/warrior tie in is mainly with the main story. 

Overall, the main story of Nikolai and Esther, I loved it was exciting and I really got invested in their story but with everything else happening I felt in over my head.                                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment