Thursday, August 3, 2017

ART BOOK REVIEW The Art of Metal Gear Solid V


I received a digital copy of this book from Dark Horse Publishing for reviewing purposes. I can not comment on the quality of the book or the final product only the images inside.

I Love MGS! Phantom Pain was an absolutely beautiful game, visually. This art book contains concept art, storyboards, and sketches for Phantom Pain, Ground Zeroes, and the unfinished DLC Kingdom of Flies. Each in a section of it's own consisting of location, character, interface and promotional art. The Phantom Pain section also includes weapons, machines, iconography, items and resources.

I loved all the concept art sometimes that art is more like a oil painting. It's interesting to see all the small details that went into the small things like the signs, the miscellaneous stuff you would find around mother base. The weapons chapter was pretty cool (being digital) I could zoom in on them and see all the detail in the wood stocks and the rust and scraps on the guns.  

Overall, This would be a great art book for MGS collectors, I know I want one.



















     

No comments:

Post a Comment